Tuesday, 20 November 2007
Etching workshop 1
Today I had organised an etching workshop because it fit in with a project that I was doing. I wanted to learn a bit about what could be achieved and get a little advice on what my group needed for the project. Sally and Allister started to learn how to do traditional etching into metal. I thought it would be beneficial to both me and my group if I tried something a little different so I chose to try some lithography. I learnt all about the process of how to use porous stones and how to get the ink only where I wanted. It was really interesting. I created a piece of work using different medium to try out the different effects I could make. At the end of the lesson I had to leave it to dry. It was a useful session because apart from learning about a whole new art form, I got to watch Allister and Sally learn how to do traditional etching and learnt about that too.