
I decided that I would feel more comfortable at the end of University if I was given some personal careers advice. We are given a little general information through some lectures but I feel that it's not always relevant to me so it would be a good idea to have a 1 on 1 session with the careers advisor.
My concerns was that graphic design wasn't my ideal job and I would personally like to work in the games industry. We talked about my strengths and weaknesses and my likes and dislikes. The careers advisor agreed that my strengths and skills would benefit me well in the games industry and gave me some information on how to find a job within it. This made me feel a lot more confident and gave me a more positive outlook on leaving University. She advised that I make another appointment and bring a CV so we could work on it together to make it attractive to employers in the industry I'm interested in. I am definitely pleased with the outcome of the session.