Tuesday, 29 April 2008

My First Stop Motion

Today myself, Sally and Allister started putting together everything on a project we were doing, Making Time, a stop motion animation. None of us had made a stop motion animation before. Even though it is approaching the end of the year, it is still important to learn as many new skills as I can so I find this project especially exciting. We were learning about many things such as skeletons, animation styles. lighting, camera, sound and stage making. We designed a stage and had it made for us in the woodwork department. I always enjoy using the other departments to further digital projects. We have come across all sorts of new problems and new solutions as you would expect when somebody is working in a new medium. We have also learnt some new software, iStopMotion, which is basic but it is useful to learn as many different types of software as possible.